A hiking hotel for all occasions
Hiking in Maria Alm
Climb up to airy heights with a great view on more than 530 km of hiking trails in the varied natural landscape. Whether challenging hiking tours for experienced mountaineers or leisurely trips for the whole family, every hiking friend will get their money’s worth at the Hochkönig!
The Maria Alm region
Hiking realm at the Hochkönig
Get in touch with mother nature and search for unique places! Climb the heights of the Steinernes Meer, the Hochkönig, and the Hohe Tauern, and let yourself be enveloped by the feeling of endless freedom. Go on a discovery journey around Maria Alm-Hinterthal with your family and marvel at the alpine wonders of the Salzburger Land.
Refreshments during hiking
Culinary à la Salzburg
Let yourself be indulged with culinary delicacies from the Pinzgau in one of the 27 cosy huts after a strenuous ascent up the mountain. Or you enjoy your free Alpina packed lunch against the backdrop of the marvellous mountain scenery.
Everything taken care of at the Hochkönig
- Free use of the summer cable cars with the Hochkönig Card
- 340 km of hiking trails
- 27 cosy huts
- Own hiking service
- Guided hikes with our certified mountain hiking guide & national park ranger, Heike
- Info evening with personal hiking tips from Heike
- Weather information service at the reception
- Info corner with hiking tour tips
- Hiking maps
- Drying room and place to polish your hiking shoes
- Free packed lunch as part of the full board arrangement
- Backpack child carriers for small children (depending on availability)
- Has been hiking since 2000 between the Northern Limestone Alps, the grass mountains, and the picturesque valleys of the National Park Hohe Tauern
- Offers guided day tours in various difficulty levels in summer for Alpina guests
- In winter, she goes on guided snowshoe hikes
- Certified fitness instructor and health coach
- Diploma as a certified Austrian national park ranger
- Excursions into the high alpine world of the Hohe Tauern
Panorama hiking tour to the Hundstein
In Hintermoos, you will comfortably go up the mountain with the mountain cable car Schwarzeckalmbahn. Then you will continue by foot to the region’s highest grass mountain. At the summit, you will enjoy a marvellous view of the Hohe Tauern and the Steinernes Meer. After a 2.5-hour hiking tour, you can reward yourself with a comfortable and delicious break at the mountain hut Statzerhaus on 2,117 m.
Salzburger Almenweg - at the foot of the Hochkönig
You can start this beautiful tour individually between Dienten and Mühlbach. Only minor ascents are necessary to reach one of the region’s most magnificent high alpine hiking trails. You will enjoy a marvellous hiking tour at the feet of the Hochkönig massif between the mountain huts Erichhütte and Arthurhaus. The hiking bus will offer a comfortable return trip in both directions. Salzburger Almenweg – unterwegs am Fuße des Hochkönigs
Herb hiking tour - the green power of the mountains
What can you smell and see along the trails? Get to know the different types of herbs during an informative herb hiking tour and take part when they are processed in the huts. Herb dumplings, spreads, schnapps, juices, and ointments are only a few products that are caringly produced according to traditional recipes.
Schmetterling-Erlebnisweg: Unser Geheimtipp für eine Familienwanderung
A small path will take you past the Alpina bistro, the inn Obermußbach, up to the mountain hut Mußbachalm which you will reach after approx. 45 minutes. Explore the colourful diversity of butterflies by the wayside. On approx. 3.5 km, numerous information charts, a rotating butterfly carousel, and a quiz at the end of the path will turn your hiking tour to the mountain hut Mußbachalm into an exciting and informative excursion for the whole family.